IT'S OFFICIAL. Date bark has gone viral and rightly so. I thought it's the perfect excuse to start posting recipes on here again.
7 reasons why date bark is worth making:
1. It takes like 5 minutes to put together
2. You only need 4 simple ingredients.
3. It's a super satisfying sweet treat.
4. It's packed with nutrient dense ingredients. A healthy snack that doesn't taste healthy
5. Easily customisable. Can fill with any nut butter/ spread and top with whatever your heart desires.
6. It's quicker and easier to make than stuffing dates individually.
7. It's fun to make and eat
You will need:
20 Medjool dates
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup almonds
90g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa)
Flaky salt to garnish
Break the dark chocolate into a bowl and place on a smaller saucepan with boiling water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water (alternatively melt in a microwave) If the chocolate is too thick, add 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon coconut oil to loosen it up.
Wash and dry your dates. Pit by splitting each date open and remove the stone. Flatten on a baking sheet. Repeat until all the dates are all alongside one another. Use a bottom of a cup to further flatten the bark. You can grease the bottom of the cup with a little oil to prevent sticking.
Spread the peanut butter on top, sprinkle almonds on top. Drizzle the dark chocolate on top. Transfer to fridge and chill until set.
Break apart and sprinkle a little flaky salt on top. ENJOY!